Chairman’s Update August 2018
- Don’t forget to book for the Christchurch Greyhounds and Canterbury OTB Awards night in the Terror To Love Lounge Saturday 15 September.
- Working with Elena Saltis for a Canine Therapy workshop on a Saturday in October in Twiggers at Addington Raceway. Elena’s session was so well received when we conducted a forum in our kennel block several months ago that she has agreed to conduct a workshop with details to follow once a date has been confirmed.
- Looking to replace Astro Turf in front of all 3 starting boxes in the next few months and extend the concrete pad in front of our workshop shed.
- The Board has decided to run Preludes for the Galaxy as well as the NZ Cup this year as a result of positive feedback for this initiative from last year’s New Zealand Cup Preludes.
- All 3 of our timing Boards are in operation at present and we are confirming the suitable purchase of a Display Board similar to Auckland/Wanganui boards as soon as new Photo Finish equipment arrives and is in use to ensure compatibility.
- Club has recorded a small profit for the year. AGM of Club Members to be held at Addington Raceway on 24 October 2018.
- Club is formulating a program for younger participants where they can understand how some of the race meeting and club processes operate. Topics would include how track is conditioned, how the lure, photo finish, RIU, field selection, box draws etc operate. Any person interested in adding to the list of topics or attending all or parts of the programme please contact Tony Music.
Christchurch Greyhound Racing Club Selection Criteria
Greyhounds are allocated points for their last four starts using the following tables
Last 2 Starts
|Non Tote||& Tier 2|
|Place 1st||8 points||7||6||5||5||5||5|
3rd and 4th starts back
|Non Tote||& Tier 2|
|Place 1st||6 points||5||4||4||3||3||2|
• Qualifying trial form provided by the NZGRA shall be treated as a non-tote run for point's purposes
• If a greyhound has not had 4 starts, it receives 3 points per start until it has been allocated points for 4 starts
• Points are allocated on the last 4 starts in the distance that the greyhound was nominated for. Ie sprint 0-600m, Distance 601m & over
• Australian imports receive points on the same basis. Ie Their last 4 starts in Australia
• Downgraded greyhounds receive 18 points. Points apply only until greyhound has its 1st downgraded tote start. Points do not apply to Restricted races or greyhounds being nominated out of grade. 18 points still apply when nominations close before first downgraded start
• A greyhound recorded as fallen has that start disregarded for point's purposes
• When points are equal the greyhound with the higher points last start, then 2 last start, 3 last etc shall have preference. When two or more greyhounds are still equal and there are not enough remaining places in a field, the clubs selection panel will choose by ballot
• Restricted races are selected by highest grade but this points system will be used to separate greyhounds of the same grade when required
• When equal points (12) at distance debut, highest sprint grade gets preference. When sprint grades have the same points scored last start, 2nd last start etc apply
• When combining grades the highest points scorers in the lower grade to be combined will be placed in the higher grade race.
• Totalisator points are scored irrespective of the number of starters in the race. Non tote points are scored dependant on starters.
. Greyhounds nominating at Christchurch that fail to secure a tote race start after two successive nominations when an uncombined race in the greyhound's current grade has been carded shall be guaranteed a tote start when a race for that greyhound's grade is next provided.
Tier 2 Races will be considered as an official start (whether it is a Tote or Non-Tote race) and cannot be used as a 'missed start' towards your 2 misses.
Group 1 Meetings, Group & Feature races are not included in this policy. These events will be selected strictly on points.
The onus shall be on the greyhound's trainer to notify the CGRC manager of the two dates the greyhound has been nominated and failed to gain a start by 10am on the closing date of nominations so the Manager has time to check the eligibility for a start.