Chairman’s Update November 2018
- Club Memorial Day confirmed on Sunday 10 February 2019. High Grade Meeting.
- As we have 4 race meetings in the week of 4 February 2019 GRNZ have approved our application to run a race meeting with 6 dog fields as discussed at this year's GRNZ Awards Evening Day workshops. This meeting will be held on Thursday 7 February 2019 an evening that features the NZ St Leger and NZRS Distance Finals (both of which will be full 8 dog fields). This trial will enable GRNZ to review such things as race interference, betting volumes and general feedback on what are currently field size limits in some other countries.
- Earthquake related repairs to Spectator's will result in our race meeting public facilities being operated from the area near the stable BBQ area behind Twiggers. The first meeting at the new location will be 27 December and the repairs are likely to continue right through January
- Monday Trials at Addington on 24 and 31 December 2018 will be conducted between 11am and 1pm while the Trots take a break from racing at Addington.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all.
Congratulations to all the successful greyhounds owners and trainers at the New Zealand Cup Meeting on Thursday 15 November. It was a fantastic night of racing and there was a great crowd in attendance to witness it. Congratulations to the connections of Bago Bye Bye and Sir Duggie the winners of our two main features the Christchurch Casino New Zealand Greyhound Cup and The Fitz Sports Bar Galaxy.
A big thank you to all our sponsors on the night namely;
A2C ASPHALT 2 CONCRETE PH.0800222583
CHRIS & LISA EARL
KAISA EARTHWORKS PH.0272073323
CAROL'S TAB CLENDON INN
SPECTATOR'S BAR & BISTRO
RAY AMER - MY BRO FABIO
THE FITZ SPORTS BAR
ONE GOOD HORSE
SHIRLEY VET CLINIC
I PAVE CONCRETE
FOX & FERRET @ THE PALMS
Chairman’s Update October 2018
- Lawn roller purchased for use on the sand in front of the astro turf.
- Reminder that no one including stipes should use the front kennels door while greyhounds are preparing to go out for their race.
- New Zealand Cup Night Trackside Dining has sold out. There is plenty of room available on the other floors.
- Greyhound Racing Victoria and Sydney University track specialist visited tracks during the period of the GRNZ AGM. Their report to follow however they were happy overall with our track and facility.
- Greyhound Racing New Zealand to roll out an extended lure arm on all tracks. The timeframe to be advised by GRNZ shortly.
- An email list of participants is being established by the club so that we can send out any information we think needs to be communicated. Please advise Tony of your email address if you want to be included on the list.
- Further delays have occurred with the centralised stakes system with no estimated date for completion.
- GRNZ AGM Thursday the 15th of November at 9 to 11 a.m. at the Rydges Hotel Latimer Square.
- A greyhound participant development program is being developed. Ideas for topics to Tony please.
- The club has acquired an extra race meeting in the week of 4 February and we are applying for one of the days that week (probably Thursday 7th) to be a six dog field trial meeting. The trial will have the benefit of assessing the racing from a safety and interference viewpoint as well as assessing variations in Betting Revenue and Bet types.
- We will soon be acquiring brand new photo finish equipment which will in turn enable us to purchase a timing and results Display Board. We have applied to GRNZ for funding for the board.
- On New Zealand Cup night the Casino is providing courtesy buses to the Casino for about three quarters of an hour after the last race at 10.30pm.
Christchurch Greyhound Racing Club Board for 2018/2019 Season
Chairman Chris Earl
Vice Chair Murray Wigley
Board Janine Jopson, Johnathon McInerney, Tony Hart,
Denise Barrron, Doug Allan
Christchurch Greyhound Racing Club Selection Criteria
Greyhounds are allocated points for their last four starts using the following tables
Last 2 Starts
|Non Tote||& Tier 2|
|Place 1st||8 points||7||6||5||5||5||5|
3rd and 4th starts back
|Non Tote||& Tier 2|
|Place 1st||6 points||5||4||4||3||3||2|
• Qualifying trial form provided by the NZGRA shall be treated as a non-tote run for point's purposes
• If a greyhound has not had 4 starts, it receives 3 points per start until it has been allocated points for 4 starts
• Points are allocated on the last 4 starts in the distance that the greyhound was nominated for. Ie sprint 0-600m, Distance 601m & over
• Australian imports receive points on the same basis. Ie Their last 4 starts in Australia
• Downgraded greyhounds receive 18 points. Points apply only until greyhound has its 1st downgraded tote start. Points do not apply to Restricted races or greyhounds being nominated out of grade. 18 points still apply when nominations close before first downgraded start
• A greyhound recorded as fallen has that start disregarded for point's purposes
• When points are equal the greyhound with the higher points last start, then 2 last start, 3 last etc shall have preference. When two or more greyhounds are still equal and there are not enough remaining places in a field, the clubs selection panel will choose by ballot
• Restricted races are selected by highest grade but this points system will be used to separate greyhounds of the same grade when required
• When equal points (12) at distance debut, highest sprint grade gets preference. When sprint grades have the same points scored last start, 2nd last start etc apply
• When combining grades the highest points scorers in the lower grade to be combined will be placed in the higher grade race.
• Totalisator points are scored irrespective of the number of starters in the race. Non tote points are scored dependant on starters.
. Greyhounds nominating at Christchurch that fail to secure a tote race start after two successive nominations when an uncombined race in the greyhound's current grade has been carded shall be guaranteed a tote start when a race for that greyhound's grade is next provided.
Tier 2 Races will be considered as an official start (whether it is a Tote or Non-Tote race) and cannot be used as a 'missed start' towards your 2 misses.
Group 1 Meetings, Group & Feature races are not included in this policy. These events will be selected strictly on points.
The onus shall be on the greyhound's trainer to notify the CGRC manager of the two dates the greyhound has been nominated and failed to gain a start by 10am on the closing date of nominations so the Manager has time to check the eligibility for a start.