Canterbury Futurity Nomination Form 2019
NOTICE TO MEMBERS
AFTER POLLING OUR MEMBERS THE CHRISTCHURCH GREYHOUND RACING CLUB VOTE FOR THE VACANT GRNZ NOMINATED DIRECTOR POSTION IS;
1 JEAN FAHEY 2 ALAN FROST 3 JOHN GOMMANS
American Warrior - 2016/17 New Zealand Greyhound of the Year
Congratulations to American Warrior(Owners Whittington Sprod – Trainers Dave & Jean Fahey) announced as the NZ Greyhound of the Year for the 2016/2017 Season
Congratulations to Swimming Goat and Calum Weir winning the International Recognition Award at the NZ Greyhound of the Year Awards
Congratulations to Wheelchair Norm and John McInerney winning the Sprinter of the Year Award at the NZ Greyhound of the Year Awards
Chairman’s Update 4 September 2017
The Christchurch Greyhound Racing Club Board will remain unchanged for the 2017/2018 year with all Board members being returned unopposed. I look forward to another year of progress and thank the Board Members for their valuable contribution to the Club.
Chairperson – Chris Earl ph0276536541 Vice Chair – Denise Barron ph0277175592
Gary Anderson ph.0275333227, Doug Allan ph.0272927298, Janine Jopson ph.0274817915, Johnny McInerney Jnr ph.0278472364, Murray Wigley ph.021480250
12 October is our next Dual code meeting where we will again be offering an A La Carte Menu together with Beer Wine and Non-alcoholic drinks at a very reasonable $40 per person.
The Club will celebrate 20 years of racing at Addington Raceway at our racing meeting on Thursday 26 October 2017. The club will present gold muzzles to all winners on the night to commemorate the occasion. A Punters contest will be run and a “Spectators Special” menu will be available to all attending.
Monday trialling times have been changed to 11am to 1pm to better accommodate trainers. Hopefully this will be successful and we will monitor feedback.
Cup Week is not too far away so please reserve your Trackside Dining seats early to avoid disappointment.
Good Luck to all participants for the 2017/2018 Racing Season.
Greyhound Racing New Zealand has received three nominations for a Director position on the Board at GRNZ. Attached is a form for you to complete advising our club of your preference ranking for the available positon. Please complete and return the form in the self-addressed envelope by Monday 18 September 2017.
Congratulations to all the award winners celebrated at our Annual Awards Dinners last Saturday night.
Awards for the 2016/2017 Season were;
Monthly Merit awards;
AUGUST SWIMMING GOAT
SEPTEMBER CAN’T CATCH TIM
OCTOBER TONY HART/KIRSTY TAYLOR
NOVEMBER ALAN JOYCE
DECEMBER GRAEME BENNETT
JANUARY JASMINE TANNER
FEBRUARY MALCOLM GRANT
MARCH ANDY MCCOOK/JANINE JOPSON
APRIL JEAN & DAVE FAHEY
MAY LISA WARETINI
JUNE RAY ADCOCK
JULY STEVE & BONNIE EVANS
J McInerney 201 Wins
J & D Fahey 168 Wins
C Roberts 126 Wins
Opawa Andrea 39 Wins
Mini’s Fantasy 38 Wins
Delusionist 37 Wins
Nina’s Girl 37 Wins
Sprinter of the Year
Swimming Goat - A J Lang
Middle Distance Dog of the Year
American Warrior – Whittington Sprod
Stayer of the Year
Can’t Catch Tim – R H Adcock & R G Amer
2017 CANTERBURY GREYHOUND OF THE YEAR
Swimming Goat – Owner A J Lang/ Trainer Calum Weir
Christchurch Greyhound Racing Club Selection Criteria
Greyhounds are allocated points for their last four starts using the following tables
Last 2 Starts
|Non Tote||& Tier 2|
|Place 1st||8 points||7||6||5||5||5||5|
3rd and 4th starts back
|Non Tote||& Tier 2|
|Place 1st||6 points||5||4||4||3||3||2|
• Qualifying trial form provided by the NZGRA shall be treated as a non-tote run for point's purposes
• If a greyhound has not had 4 starts, it receives 3 points per start until it has been allocated points for 4 starts
• Points are allocated on the last 4 starts in the distance that the greyhound was nominated for. Ie sprint 0-600m, Distance 601m & over
• Australian imports receive points on the same basis. Ie Their last 4 starts in Australia
• Downgraded greyhounds receive 18 points. Points apply only until greyhound has its 1st downgraded tote start. Points do not apply to Restricted races or greyhounds being nominated out of grade. 18 points still apply when nominations close before first downgraded start
• A greyhound recorded as fallen has that start disregarded for point's purposes
• When points are equal the greyhound with the higher points last start, then 2 last start, 3 last etc shall have preference. When two or more greyhounds are still equal and there are not enough remaining places in a field, the clubs selection panel will choose by ballot
• Restricted races are selected by highest grade but this points system will be used to separate greyhounds of the same grade when required
• When equal points (12) at distance debut, highest sprint grade gets preference. When sprint grades have the same points scored last start, 2nd last start etc apply
• When combining grades the highest points scorers in the lower grade to be combined will be placed in the higher grade race.
• Totalisator points are scored irrespective of the number of starters in the race. Non tote points are scored dependant on starters.
. Greyhounds nominating at Christchurch that fail to secure a tote race start after two successive nominations when an uncombined race in the greyhound's current grade has been carded shall be guaranteed a tote start when a race for that greyhound's grade is next provided.
Tier 2 Races will be considered as an official start (whether it is a Tote or Non-Tote race) and cannot be used as a 'missed start' towards your 2 misses.
Group 1 Meetings, Group & Feature races are not included in this policy. These events will be selected strictly on points.
The onus shall be on the greyhound's trainer to notify the CGRC manager of the two dates the greyhound has been nominated and failed to gain a start by 10am on the closing date of nominations so the Manager has time to check the eligibility for a start.